Re: How to get the actual face attribute?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How to get the actual face attribute?
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 15:49:57 -0400

>>> Some one reported that when they change the text size with
>>> text-scale-adjust, the alignment are messed up.
>> If the alignment is done before changing the text-scale, then it's no
>> big surprise, since text-scale won't scale everything by the same factor.
> I see. I calculate the text size base on the assumption that the text scale
> is the same for all glyphs. That explains why my measuring are off.

I don't know what that means.  The text-scale does apply globally.
But it doesn't necessarily scale by the same factor horizontally and
vertically, nor does it necessarily scale by the same factor for
different fonts.  It's "more or less equal" but not exactly.  And of
course, it won't affect those glyphs whose size is not relative to the
base `default` face (e.g. images or glyphs to which a face is applied
which sets an absolute rather than relative size).

IOW it needs to be recomputed from scratch when the text-scale is changed.

        Stefan