Re: Reading from a buffer

From: Greg Hill
Subject: Re: Reading from a buffer
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 23:33:57 -0700

Thank you, Jean-Christophe. I did take a look at the f.el library and
didn't see anything there that appears to be even remotely close to what
I'm looking for.  Since I'm just learning all this stuff for my own
amusement (70 years old, retired, and doing "brain exercises" to keep my
mind sharp) I really don't mind writing my own functions to do exactly what
I have in mind. In fact I have already written a first rough draft of what
will ultimately serve as documentation for it. Once I've written and
thoroughly debugged the code to implement it, I'll post a copy of the
documentation here on the help-gnu-emacs mailing list. I'll also send
copies of it wherever you folks suggest making it available to anyone who
might be interested in checking it out and maybe teaching me how to write
it more efficiently using tricks I haven't even discovered yet. Anyway, the
bottom line is, it doesn't really matter to me if I'm just re-inventing a
wheel that somebody else has already invented and made publicly available.