Re: Using Emacs for commercial purposes

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Using Emacs for commercial purposes
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 21:08:12 +0200

tylercstrouth wrote:

> I am in the process of starting my own business and
> I am wondering, if it is fine to use Emacs within
> my business for commercial purposes? From my
> understanding it appears I can, but I just wanted
> to clarify and make sure.

Yes, of course. It happens every day.

It is a tool. Is it OK to use a torque wrench
even/especially for commercial purposes? Go right
ahead and use it for the _intended_ purpose, be it
commercial or altruistic or a little bit of both.

Good enough for government work!

But if your business is immensely successful feel
free to contribute in any way to Emacs - maybe the
GNU project, if Emacs doesn't have a Swiss bank
account of its own :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573