Re: apology + question about wierd chars in mail

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: apology + question about wierd chars in mail
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 20:24:17 +0200

(NOTE: Emacs-w3m question last. Please remove
crosspost as appropriate.)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> The automatic part, you will have to set up
> yourself (not that I know why would you want
> to...). But manually, assuming you have this "text"
> in a writable buffer, mark the part you want to
> "translate", and say
>
>   M-x ucs-normalize-NFKC-region RET

That works, thanks. No, I don't know why I wanted
this automatic either! Probably in my confused state
I thought this was something one should get used
to...

The message reads "Ta en fin bild vettja. Kommef ner
för inspektion imorgpn" which has two typos (Kommef
should be Kommer, imorgpn should be imorgon) but it
means "Why don't you take a nice photo? Will be there
tomorrow for inspection"

Well, that didn't happen. Or if he went, I wasn't
there to greet him :)

Människan spår men gud rår :)

Which is:

  engelska: Man proposes, God disposes.
  finska: Ihminen päättää, Jumala säätää.
  franska: L’homme propose et Dieu dispose.
  spanska: El hombre propone y Dios dispone.
  ungerska: Ember tervez, Isten végez.

https://sv.wiktionary.org/wiki/M%C3%A4nniskan_sp%C3%A5r,_gud_r%C3%A5r.

Wierd, that page works in Emacs-w3m but when I get
the URL with `s' (which is w3m-kill-url-dwim in [1] -
uses `w3m-current-url') I get that wierd URL, that
ends with a dot, and that doesn't work - I should ask
this on gmane.emacs.w3m ...

[1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/w3m/w3m-my.el
    - line 70. the commented out question in the source
    is unrelated to this BTW - don't know if I ever
    asked that, so feel free to answer that as well :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573