Re: make a drawing with Emacs

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: make a drawing with Emacs
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 20:56:00 +0000

Anyway, I'd like to make a drawing of it. Any idea what software might be used? Can Emacs do this? Or can you input the data in an Emacs buffer, and have it compile into an image using some 3rd-hand software?

Optimally I'd like to just measure everything, then input the data - perhaps as geometrical figures? (e.g., a tree could be a circle, I input the diameter and relative position...) and then the programs compiles and produce the image ... good idea, right?

I would do that with MetaPost. It allows you to do exactly what you want: input the data in an Emacs buffer (Emacs has a MetaPost mode), as a series of geometrical figures and equations, which is compiled into an image.

Gregory