Re: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 10:42:51 +0800

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 10:25 AM Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao wrote:
>
> >> but I don't recall whether these "ding" addresses are still
> >> valid or if they were replaced with other names (or just
> >> aliases?).
> >>
> >>   (info "(gnus) Gnus Development")
>
> ding@gnus.org is valid, ding = ding is not GNUS, a proposed
> joke acronym (recursive backronym) that didn't take, maybe
> because Gnus is already such a good and interesting name.
>
> > Downloading the development Gnus version from git
>
> Gnus is part of vanilla Emacs so no need to download/install
> it separately.
>
> E.g., my Emacs, namely (C-u M-x emacs-version RET)
>
>   GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5, cairo
> version 1.16.0) of 2020-10-23

With the command you suggested above, I only get the following information:

emacs-build-number is a variable defined in ‘version.el’.

Its value is 1

> has Gnus version (C-u M-x gnus-version RET)

This function, `gnus-version', doesn't exist on my side at all.

>   Gnus v5.13
>
> --
> underground experts united
> https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Best
Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province