Re: Does Richard M. Stallman still scrutinize and develop the codes of E

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: Does Richard M. Stallman still scrutinize and develop the codes of Emacs now?
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 20:53:14 -0400

Last I read on an article comparing emacs and vim, Stephen Monier had the
emacs lead passed to him by Richard Stallman and the fact that emacs has a
line of succession made it different from vim in that vim had no clear
line of succession.  At that time the lead developer of vim hadn't
designated anyone to take over development when the original lead
developer of vim could no longer continue developing for whatever reason.