Re: Does Richard M. Stallman still scrutinize and develop the codes of E

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Does Richard M. Stallman still scrutinize and develop the codes of Emacs now?
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 12:04:34 +0300

* Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> [2021-08-24 00:05]:
> Good grief, I never heard of neovim until just now. Have used vim
> for ages, especially for adhoc system editing and have evil on emacs.
>
> As much as I've always admired vim, I've been a little concerned
> that it appears to be a one-developer system. Glad to see that emacs
> has moved away from that.

As Vim is extensible similarly as Emacs everybody can contribute to it
by providing extensions.

If software is useful, I don't see any problem if it would be
developed by single person. That is how majority of projects
starts.

As it is free software you are free to fork and build upon it if there
is no possibility where you could, instead of forking it yourself,
contribute collaboratively.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns