Re: In search for an emacs hacker

From: Samuel Banya
Subject: Re: In search for an emacs hacker
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 19:17:19 +0000

I more or less wanted to do this same idea to have an 'all-in'one' Emacs
variant, but for tech support jobs: ex: Having Zendesk, JIRA, work email, all
in Emacs.

Unfortunately, the only easiest thing I ever got working was Slack in Emacs
since the API is so ridiculously easy to get working. Everything else depends
upon an instance having an API key open which is rarely the case by most admins
at workplaces. Understandable on their ends since its an admin risk, but it
forces me to just use meh, proprietary apps. Work email, aka O365 email in most
places? Good luck, its always some stupidly obscure blog post that is hard to
just make work (and yes, I know about the Davmail workaround).

However, if anyone has any ideas for careers in which I can use Emacs all day,
every day, I'm all ears. I've got my todo list for work pretty good, and
tweaked up, but I'm sick of being the only one at work that even fathoms using
Emacs over Vim.

I've been debating getting into Data Science to do more Python work since I'm
pretty sure you can do R in an R shell and produce the visualizations in Org
Mode too.

Anyway, open to hear suggestions, thanks.

Sincerely,

Sam