Re: How to format paragraph and not to lose spaces between 2 characters?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to format paragraph and not to lose spaces between 2 characters?
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 12:24:13 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

>> The ‘fill-nobreak-predicate’ hook lets you avoid line
>> breaks at certain places. For example if you’re French, you
>> might be used to typing a space in front of colons,
>> question marks, exclamation marks, etc. This might lead to
>> the following problem:
>
> If I have ❰    ❱ then what should I add to
> `fill-nobreak-predicate' variable?

If you have NO-BREAK SPACE it shouldn't brake anyway (that's
the purpose) so then you can just fill as you
would, transparently.

If you want it to be 100% transparent so you can use normal
spaces (but why?) I'd start at something like this

  (looking-at "\s\\{2,\\}")

but I give no guarantees it will or can work.

Because if you want this, again, use NO-BREAK SPACE :)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal