Re: let*: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: let*: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 16:05:36 +0200

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> Here is another implementation based on s and f given by
> pyenv-mode-auto [...]
>
> (require 's)
> (require 'f)

What is that, string and file modules? It usually doesn't look
like that in Lisp.

> (f-exists? [...]

This reminds me of some other Lisp dialect where you'd have an
exclamation mark last if the function hade side-effects.
So maybe a question mark last is their way of doing our `-p'
(or vice versa depending on who was first).

While I don't want to make too big a thing of it, conventions
like these are probably better not to mix. (Ours look better,
also. Less disruptive.)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal