RE: [External] : User setup for emacs

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : User setup for emacs
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 19:02:28 +0000

> I would like to ask if the link to the user-customisation files should
> be done from ~/.emacs.d/init.el.
>
> Is the latest way to do so in ~/.emacs.d/init.el rather than from
> ~/.emacs?

You can load it from any file that you load,
any time.

So yes, you can load it from your init file
(or from any file that your init file loads).

The point at which you load it is up to you.
You might want/need some Customize settings
to be in effect before (or after) you do
some other things in your init file.