Re: bug in message-message mode?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: bug in message-message mode?
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 18:32:53 +0200

Tassilo Horn wrote:

>> The --- after the header is also a delimiter, but there it
>> works. (See `rfc822-goto-eoh'.)
>>
>> There's no reason it should work on the
>> signature delimiter.
>>
>> Or is there?
>
> I don't know. But it seems that this behavior is only there
> when the text has both a `field' and `rear-nonsticky'
> property. You can experiment with it in *stratch*:
>
> (insert "\n\n"
>         (propertize "test" 'field 'foobar 'rear-nonsticky t)
>         "\n")

OK, I don't know what `rear-nonsticky' is supposed to denote
but '-- \n' isn't a field, with the fields it makes sense to
first go to the beginning of the field, then (as already)
there go to the beginning of the line ...

But on the signature delimiter - and only at the last char -
nothing happens at all.

A bug maybe?

--
underground experts united