Re: Noob dumb question (extending emacs)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Noob dumb question (extending emacs)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 20:30:21 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> `pwgen' is system command

pwgen is a program.

> good for let us say shell, but Emacs is much more and is
> integrated into database on my side

Emacs is integrated with the shell so that solution is easier
(more practical that way), better, and you can still use/write
your own/a custom interface (so equally practical in THAT
way).

Also it will take advantages of further improvements to pwgen
or possible forks or other such programs with no or very small
adjustments ...

> If then Emacs Lisp programs run on different systems, I like
> if they don't depend on too many external commands

Indeed must be used to benefit the user ...

> especially one as simple as password generation.

But not simple enough for you do to it at the level of the CLI
command ...

> I cannot write `ffmpeg' so I convert videos by using Emacs
> Lisp on remote computers calling external `ffmpeg'.

But you cannot write a pwgen either - or at least, you
haven't yet ... so what's the difference?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal