Re: emojis not colored

From: Colin Baxter 😺
Subject: Re: emojis not colored
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 16:51:12 +0000

    >> From: Colin Baxter 😺 <m43cap@yandex.com> Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021
    >> 15:06:42 +0000
    >>
    >> If I open emacs-29 by doing "emacs -Q <RET>" and use "M-x
    >> emoji-list <RET>" then I see emojis but only as
    >> black-and-white. I do not see colored emojis at all. I have used
    >>
    >> (set-fontset-font t 'emoji '("Noto Color Emoji" . "iso10646-1")
    >> nil 'prepend)
    >>
    >> and variations but to no avail.

    > Does Emacs indeed use Noto Color Emoji for the Emoji codepoints?
    > Use "C-u C-x =" to tell.

Ah, it appears that the ~/.fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf is not being found.
The emojis are all Symbola. If I delete all the fonts (including
Symbola) from my ~/.fonts, with the exception of NotoColorEmoji.ttf,
then C-u C-x = shows the emoji to be now Unifont. It looks like a problem
with my font configurations or with my copy of NotoColorEmoji.

Thanks.

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.