Re: Gnus and multiple Email servers

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: Gnus and multiple Email servers
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 16:43:43 -1000

>> X-Message-SMTP-Method is useful for sending.
>
> Is there handy way of setting it automagically depending on the From:
> field of the outgoing mail?

There are other ways, too. A very easy way is to use msmtp as
your mailer. You can find things online to show you how to use
it with gnus. msmtp reads the From: line and picks an SMTP
server based on that.

Finally, there is custom code. I use this to set the SMTP
server based on the To: field. (I insist that some people only
get mail from my AOL address.) It's complex to describe here
but I can correspond with anyone interested.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

- Via GNU/Linux/Emacs/Gnus/BBDB