Re: Generic functions: Specializers like `or' or `memq'?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Generic functions: Specializers like `or' or `memq'?
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 09:16:36 +0100

Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> Feel free to give us some concrete examples of the kinds of things
> you'd like to do, if you want to see what it would take to support
> them.

Oh - nothing special.  It just seems that whenever I try to make use of
generic functions the rules for writing specializers seems unnecessarily
restrictive.

The last time it was implementing that transformation function regexp ->
PEG, where the "head" could be one of two or three synonyms.  There are
workarounds, as always, but too often I think "ok, so this again was not
such a good example for using a generic function...".

Michael.