Re: Kill all proportional fonts!

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Kill all proportional fonts!
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 08:51:01 +0100

On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 07:32:14AM +0000, Colin Baxter 😺 wrote:
> [...]

[...]

>     > This puts the onus on the user [...]

> I agree. I personally don't like having to alter my ~/.emacs just to stay the
> same. I think it should be the other way round - but what do I know?

Who does. Usually, I'm the one complaining when things move too fast.

OTOH, I think "unchanging defaults" would put the bar too high for such
a long-lived thing as Emacs is. There may be defaults which made sense
in VT220 times and are too limiting nowadays, to put a somewhat extreme
example.

All in all I'm very happy the way Emacs handles things. Usually, changes
in defaults are discussed extensively and done carefully.

Cheers