Re: What does the error "Process <URL> not running" mean?

From: emacsq
Subject: Re: What does the error "Process <URL> not running" mean?
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 08:08:38 +0000

> src/process.c

Yes, I see it, thanks.

What I'd like to know is what this error tells me. Is this
something the user can do something about? Or is it some
internal error in the emacs network stack? If it is then
shouldn't it say something like "It should not happen,
please notify the emacs developers"?

url-retrieve is a high level function, so I'd expect it to
return normal errors like "can't connect to url", so the
user knows it's a network error, and if it's something internal
emacs bug then it should say "internal error: ...", so the
user knows he can't do anything about it,  because it's a
bug in emacs.