Re: What does the error "Process <URL> not running" mean?

From: emacsq
Subject: Re: What does the error "Process <URL> not running" mean?
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 18:27:31 +0000

> I think both are desirable: I think even under POSIX systems it makes
sense to bound the number of connections we keep open

But it's not just letting connections linger, url-http has a
mechanism to store open connections in a hash and reusing them:

https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/blob/3af9e84ff59811734dcbb5d55e04e1fdb7051e77/lisp/url/url-http.el#L174

Does someone here know what the point of this was? Is quick
repeated http connections to the same host:port such a frequent use
case  that it's worth it to keep open http connections in a hash,
instead of closing and disposing them when the request ends?