Re: What does the error "Process <URL> not running" mean?

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: What does the error "Process <URL> not running" mean?
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 17:34:36 +0800

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

>     Eli> And finally, Gnulib dropped Windows 9X support long ago, so its
> module
>     Eli> will not run on those old versions (and actually is unlikely to run
>     Eli> even on Windows XP, as they've abandoned that as well).

> At some point we have to stop supporting ancient platforms.

Windows XP is hardly ancient, and at my day job we have a machine
running Windows 98 used for legacy government software, and it's
convenient to be able to run a recent version of Emacs there.

Emacs 28 has a bug that prevents pdumper builds from working properly,
but the unexec build works just as well as Emacs 24.5 did.