Re: Would there be a drawback of using the same graphical toolkit on eve

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Would there be a drawback of using the same graphical toolkit on every platform?
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 12:53:13 +0100

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:
>
>> I understand; but they have probably changed API because of some
>> reason that suits their goals. Every project prioritize their own
>> goals, that is how life is. They certainly didn't do it to piss off
>> Emacs devs.
>
> Where did we say they did it to piss off Emacs developers?  We simply
> wish that a toolkit friendlier to Emacs will emerge at some point and
> become as popular as GTK is.
>
>> It looks to me more like an invite to contribute an API, so there is
>> your chance to get it the way you like.
>
> It would involve reverting several changes that were installed for GTK
> 4, which I'm sure they're not willing to take.

Why designing an API means reverting changes? I dont' think designing an API is
reverting it back to old API.

Anyway, summarizing all you write her eand in other mails, it is
where the thread initially started, Gtk is not designed to be used the way Emacs
would like it. Gtk works fine for applications that use it the way it is
designed, Emacs has different needs and it does not work well for Emacs.

You call it a bug, they call it design, and there I think is the friction.

Is there a way to reproduce this bug on a singel machine with one monitor?

Can I do it from within a virtual machine(s) or somethinig? I am not so familiar
with setting up networks and virtual machines and such.