keyboard auto repeat

From: Stephen Clark
Subject: keyboard auto repeat
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 12:34:10 -0500

Hi List,

The issue I have if I hold down a key on my keyboard, emacs doesn't respond until I let go of the key then all the key presses are processed. This is a pain when scrolling up or down or on a line, you don't
know where you are until you let go of the key.

$ emacs --version GNU Emacs 26.3 on a Dell Precision M4800 i7 with 32mb of memory, running ubuntu 20.04 LTS

I have not been able to find a solution to this with google.

I have to slow my keyboard repeat rate down to about 7 cps to be able to see the characters.

Thanks in advance,
Steve