Re: no to war in Ukraine

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: no to war in Ukraine
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 12:15:22 +0100

> Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2022 at 10:25 PM
> From: "Po Lu" <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech@gmx.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org, "Alexandre Garreau" <galex-713@galex-713.eu>
> Subject: Re: no to war in Ukraine
>
> Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:
>
> > The Gnu Project does not take orders from your employer.
>
> See https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Other-Politics.html,
> which says:
>
>   A GNU package should not seriously advocate any other political
>   causes. Not that the GNU Project opposes those other causes. Rather,
>   it is neutral on them, and GNU packages should be neutral too.
>
> Anyway, I've been doing a great deal of work on Emacs lately.  It would
> be a shame for that work to go to waste.

Have stated that the topic should not be progressed further.  I continue to work
with russian collaborators, irrespective of what happens.  You make good remark
but for the wrong reasons.  Be aware that threats have never yielded good
results.
If your employer insists on things you disagree on, it is customary to provide
them with a rebuttal in writing.  Employers are bound not to discriminate based
on political association.

Christopher