Re: Problem with native-compilation

From: Felix Dietrich
Subject: Re: Problem with native-compilation
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 15:01:42 +0200

Jonas Damm <emails@jonas-damm.de> writes:

> Felix Dietrich writes:

>> Jonas Damm <emails@jonas-damm.de> writes:

>>> After installing the org-contacts package from nongnu org-contrib,
>>> at first everything works as expected.
>>>
>>> However, after the compiling in the background is done, some
>>> functions are broken:
>>>
>>> [error messages at the end bottom of this mail]

>> Jonas, attached is a patch that cleans up the compilation errors and
>> warnings (at least ‘batch-byte-compile’ is satisfied).

> I am not sure, but your patch seems to have fixed it already.
> So i guess that was all i needed?

I think so.

The errors about missing functions were, probably, caused by Emacs not
knowing the ‘lexical-let’ macro because of the missing (require 'cl)
and, thus, misinterpreting the value bindings as function calls.  The
other changes were about fixing assignments to free variables.  I was a
bit lazy in the commit message.

Upon just looking at the compilation messages again for this mail, the
version of “org-contacts” you were using, though, appears to be
different both from the version in, what I believe to be, the current
“org-contrib” [1] repository as well as from the older version I have in
my site-lisp directory: the compilation messages donʼt match – or maybe
this is caused by us using different Emacs versions.  Anyway, if
everything now works for you again, I guess that is alright.

>>> Warning (comp): org-contacts.el:648:13: Warning: the function
>>> ‘start’ is not known to be defined. Disable showing Disable
>>> logging
>>> Warning (comp): org-contacts.el:593:12: Warning: the function
>>> ‘lexical-let*’ is not known to be defined. Disable showing Disable
>>> logging
>>> Warning (comp): org-contacts.el:505:4: Warning: the function
>>> ‘list*’ is not known to be defined. Disable showing Disable
>>> logging
>>> Warning (comp): org-contacts.el:459:4: Warning: the function
>>> ‘lexical-let’ is not known to be defined. Disable showing Disable
>>> logging
>>> Warning (comp): org-contacts.el:372:28: Warning: the function
>>> ‘values’ is not known to be defined. Disable showing Disable
>>> logging
>>> Warning (comp): org-contacts.el:330:44: Warning: the function
>>> ‘first’ is not known to be defined. Disable showing Disable
>>> logging

Footnotes:
[1]  https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib

--