RE: [External] : EWW func add url under point as bookmark

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : EWW func add url under point as bookmark
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 20:08:22 +0000

> When Im reading mails, or when Im in IRC or browsing pages with EWW,
> sometimes I get an interesting url, then I want save it as eww bookmark
> to read it in other moment.
>
> I was searching a function that add a bookmark from the url under
> cursor (point), but there aren't some like it.

I can't speak for EWW (so-called) "bookmarks".

But if you want a regular, real, good-old Emacs
bookmark to a URL at point then that's available
out of the box with Bookmark+.

`bmkp-url-target-set' prompts for a URL, with
the URL at point as the default.

It works anywhere, including when in EWW or W3M.
___

If you don't want to be prompted for a URL and
thus have to hit RET to accept the URL at point,
you can write a simple wrapper command for
`bmkp-url-target-set' that just uses a URL at
point or does nothing (or raises an error) if
there's no URL at point.  You can likewise
choose a bookmark name automatically (e.g. the
URL or page title).
___

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BookmarkPlus#BookmarkingFileOrUrl