Re: ask for help

From: tomas
Subject: Re: ask for help
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 15:20:52 +0200

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 09:11:48PM +0900, Xiang Ruan wrote:
> Hi, Philip
>
> Thank you for the quick response.
>
> Actually, I follow the below blog
> https://pragmaticemacs.wordpress.com/2017/01/09/how-i-view-my-google-calendar-agenda-in-emacs/
> to view my google calendar agenda in Emacs.
>
> My cron updates google calendar's agenda to a local file every minute, and I
> use the above “open-gcal-agenda" command to show the agenda in a buffer(the
> buffer will open with name "gcal")
> What I want to do is, when the local file is updated by cron, I need Emacs
> automatically execute "open-gcal-agenda" to update the "gcal" agenda buffer.

The easiest way would be to activate auto-revert minor mode
on the buffer showing this file (M-x auto-revert-mode)

For the more general case (or if you want full flexibility)
there is file-notify-add-watch, for example, which would
call a function provided by you whenever anything happens
to a file.

Cheers