Re: Spaces rather than tabs by a major mode hook

From: goncholden
Subject: Re: Spaces rather than tabs by a major mode hook
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 01:05:20 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Sunday, June 12th, 2022 at 12:35 PM, goncholden <goncholden@protonmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]

Have now done

(setq electric-indent-mode nil)

I realise now that electric indendation should be enabled carefully.  Found
that it was electric-indent-mode that when you use it in a buffer, not only the
new line is indented, but also the previous one, which means that its
indentation was being forcefully changed if the current indentation is not the
only possible one.

That was my big argument about how any modification was breaking the
indentation of legacy code.