RE: [External] : Re: Making a function than can only be used interactive

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Making a function than can only be used interactively
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 14:02:55 +0000

> > Depends whether the person coding that function thinks it is.
> > What can he do then?  Issue warning as you suggested with `declare`?
>
> I don't think we can answer this in the abstract.  So, we'd first need
> to have some concrete scenario before we can start discussing it.

Yup.  Has any concrete description been presented
in this thread that makes clear what the real
problem to be solved is - the use case behind the
question?

I've only browsed the thread, so apologies if some
actual problem (and its "why") has been specified.
>From just perusing, I haven't noticed any.

As I guessed before, I'm still guessing (so far):

   there's an X-Y problem under the covers here
   somewhere...)

What is it that OP is _really_ trying to do/solve?

I'm guessing that's behind an inability by folks
who've coded zillions of functions to understand
what's being asked/requested.  What's the problem?

https://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/66377/what-is-the-xy-problem