help-gnuzilla

Re: Some technical problems

From: Jorge P . de Morais Neto
Subject: Re: Some technical problems
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 12:23:07 -0300

Hello!  I reply below:

Em [2021-10-19 ter 15:37:55+0300], Даниил Солодов escreveu:

> 1. If I try to install Russian language for the latest version of Icecat
> (60.7.0), nothing happens.
> 2. I can't add any site as a search engine, although it has OpenSearch
> (Firefox works fine in this case).
> 3. Links to free add-ons in the browser are no longer active.

Are you trying to use the latest published binaries on GNU download
mirrors?  Those binaries are severely outdated, and I think they don't
even have *security updates*.  You can instead install IceCat from Guix.

I use Guix-installed IceCat on Debian bullseye and it works well.  In
fact I have 127 packages in my main Guix profile happily running on
Debian bullseye.  If anyone needs help installing Guix, please see
<https://guix.gnu.org/en/help/>.  Then if you still need help, send me a
direct email.

Regards!
--
- Many people hate injustice but few check the facts.  This provokes
  misinformation.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>