Error Could't send network package

From: Mathias Radtke
Subject: Error Could't send network package
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 07:49:09 +0000

Hi

I am a developer at the opsi opriject (https://opsi.org).
We use grub for our UEFI netboot component.
Recently we received complaints from our customers that some of their devices
do not perform the UEFI Netboot completely. The machine starts to load our
bootimage and then displays the message "Error: couldn't send network package".
The affected devices are mostly HPs. I have an HP 250G7 with newest firmware on
my desk and I can confirm this. 850G8 are also affected witht he newest
firmware. I analyzed those devices with wireshark and the network connection
dies after couple of seconds.
Today I received a video of another customer where the said error message is
displayed in the grub menu on a Microsoft Surface Go 2.

Is this a known issue?
What can/should I do to provide more information on this issue?
I am using grub 2.02 and 2.04 wit the same error message.

Regards

Mathias Radtke

--
opsi - Open PC-Server-Integration
das Open Source Client-Management-System von uib gmbh

Mathias Radtke
Entwicklung
eMail: m.radtke@uib.de
Tel. +49 6131 / 27561-16
Fax  +49 6131 / 27561-22

uib gmbh
Bonifaziusplatz 1B
55118 Mainz

Internet:
https://uib.de
https://opsi.org

Geschftsfhrer: Dr. Detlef Oertel, Erol Ülükmen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Mainz HRB 6942