Re: significance of collisions in 'guix environment'?

From: Paul Garlick
Subject: Re: significance of collisions in 'guix environment'?
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 18:25:42 +0000

So you can safely keep going. :-)

Thank you Ludo; I pressed on within the environment, ignoring the collisions for now:

$ ./pre-inst-env guix build -K gmsh

The build succeeds.  Then, to check:

$ GUILE_LOAD_PATH=$HOME/.guix-profile/share/guile/site/2.0 ./pre-inst-env guix lint gmsh

No errors were reported.

I have installed the upgraded version of Gmsh for testing:

$ ./pre-inst-env guix package -i gmsh

All looks good; I will submit a patch.

Thank you Leo for the suggestion to use a dedicated profile.  My (first) impression is that the 'guix environment' command helps automate this task, at the cost of allowing some duplication of paths.

Regards,

Paul.