Re: How to build GnuCash with SQLite backend support?

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: Re: How to build GnuCash with SQLite backend support?
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 10:34:07 -0500

Thanks Efraim,

  I made a modified copy of gnucash.scm outside of the Guix git tree (as
gnucash-with-dbi.scm) that returns the gnucash package and was able to
get it to run with:

$ guix package -f gnucash-with-dbi.scm

Of course, I then ran into this error in the configure phase:

====================================
checking dbi/dbi.h usability... no
checking dbi/dbi.h presence... no
checking for dbi/dbi.h... no
configure: error:

 Unable to find <dbi/dbi.h>. Either install the libdbi development
 package (such as libdbi0-dev), or switch off the database backend of
 gnucash by --disable-dbi.
 Note: If you install libdbi, you should also install its database
 drivers (such as libdbd-sqlite3 libdbd-mysql libdbd-pgsql).

So, yeah...I should have seen that coming. Since libdbi and
libdbd-sqlite3 are not part of Guix yet, I guess that means I need to
write package definitions for them. I guess I'll need to go cozy up with
the manual for awhile...

RTFM time,
  Gary