Re: libvdpau: cannot open shared object

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: libvdpau: cannot open shared object
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 21:40:04 +0100

Efraim Flashner <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 03:31:29PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

[...]

>> So I think you can push the package, and then we need to figure out what
>> to do on GuixSD with ‘VDPAU_DRIVER’ (set it unconditionally to ‘va_gl’?)
>> and how to avoid LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> The VDPAU_DRIVER is actually a mesa environmental variable IIRC, so
> setting it unconditionally would negatively affect others.

How should it be handled?

I’m under the impression that ‘va_gl’ is the generic driver that works
for everyone, but that there might be optimized drivers for specific
pieces of hardware, is that correct?

If it is, we could always use ‘va_gl’ as the default.

As for LD_LIBRARY_PATH, perhaps we need a central location for these
drivers on GuixSD, like /run/current-system/vdpau?

Ludo’.