Re: How to configure git to use a proxy inside guix build container

From: Jorge
Subject: Re: How to configure git to use a proxy inside guix build container
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:21:08 +0000

First, sorry for the previous double posting.  I thought my first email
had been rejected.  Second, I created
~/etc/systemd/system/guix-daemon.service.d/override.conf~ with the
following content:
    [Service]
    Environment="http_proxy=http://localhost:5865";
    Environment="ftp_proxy=ftp://localhost:5865";
    Environment="all_proxy=localhost:5865"
    Environment="GIT_CURL_VERBOSE=1"
    Environment="GIT_TRACE=1"

I then issued
    $ sudo systemctl daemon-reload; sudo systemctl restart guix-daemon
and then verified that these env vars are in the environment of guix-daemon:
    $ pgrep -a guix-daemon
    14366 /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/guix-profile/bin/guix-daemon
--build-users-group=guixbuild
    $ sudo bash -c "xargs --null -n1 < /proc/14366/environ"
    LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8
    LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
    LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
    LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
    LC_TIME=en_DK.UTF-8
    PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
    INVOCATION_ID=1b15326b9fae4fd08777b0a9ff73d8ca
    JOURNAL_STREAM=9:688617
    GUIX_LOCPATH=/root/.guix-profile/lib/locale
    http_proxy=http://localhost:5865
    ftp_proxy=ftp://localhost:5865
    all_proxy=localhost:5865
    GIT_CURL_VERBOSE=1
    GIT_TRACE=1

It has not worked:
    $ guix pull
    guile: warning: failed to install locale
    warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument
    Updating from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
    guix pull: error: Git error: failed to connect to git.savannah.gnu.org:
Connection timed out

And as you can see, git has been laconic, indicating that, for some
unknown reason, GIT_CURL_VERBOSE and GIT_TRACE have had no effect.  Last
week Guix was able to download files (e.g. source tarballs) over the
Internet, indicating the proxy is accessible in Guix build container.
The problem is with git.

I took hours studying SystemD, Guix, Git and cURL.  Help will be
appreciated.