RE: Building guix from source with --prefix=$HOME/.local --localstatedir

From: YOANN P
Subject: RE: Building guix from source with --prefix=$HOME/.local --localstatedir=$HOME/.local/gnu
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 14:38:35 +0000

Hi,

Sorry to forgot to provide it, i will attach it as soon i'm back of traveling (~1 march).

In the meantime i tried to compile it with "guix environment guix --ad-hoc" with partially success because i hit 2 bug

First one : ( could be skip from what i read )

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2017-01/msg00109.html

Second one:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-07/msg00186.html

So, even if we solved my problem, i will still encounter those bugs and the second one is problematic from my point of view because it seems than the builds can't be done without to be root.

Best regards,

Yoann