Re: Failed to connect to `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': Connection re

From: Oleg Pykhalov
Subject: Re: Failed to connect to `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': Connection refused
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 17:37:30 +0300

Hello,

address@hidden writes:

> The Guix daemon was active and enabled when I checked systemctl, and a
> daemon reload didn't work, either.
> A reboot seemed to do the trick, at least I was able to successfully
> run 'guix build guix' after that.

This means the ‘guix-daemon’ daemon works.

> But now when I try to run 'guix pull' to update my packages, I get:
>
> Updating from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
> guix pull: error: mkdir: Permission denied

Do you have wrong permissions somewhere in ‘~/.cache/guix/pull/’?  In
case it is true a durty fast sollution is ‘rm -rf ~/.cache/guix’.  Also,
make sure you could write to ‘~/.cache’ with touch ‘~/.cache/test’.

> guix pull works as the root user (or at least it runs, I'm still waiting
> to see if it exits with no errors), but not as 'sudo' from my non-root
> account (that one just spits out a somewhat lengthy error that I cannot
> remember by heart)

If it works for a ‘root’ user, I guess it will work for a new user
account, which you could create with ‘useradd -m bob’ and switch to it
with ‘sudo -u bob -i’.

Oleg.