Re: dvorak

From: Fredrik Salomonsson
Subject: Re: dvorak
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 09:30:44 -0700

Yes, entering the LUKS volume passphrase twice is normal, though I would
love to hear about ways to improve it.  As I understand it, both GRUB
and Linux have to unlock the LUKS volume, and they do not by default
coordinate in any way - that is why you have to enter it two times.  I
don't know how to arrange for a password to be entered only once, but I
imagine that it may be possible, with varying degrees of security
depending on the chosen solution.

You can use keyfiles to unlock the root partition. That's what
I'm using on my arch setup to only have to type in one passphrase
instead of three (GRUB, root, swap). No idea how you would
translate this to GuixSD though.

--
Chris

--