Re: Checking for substitutes

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Checking for substitutes
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 16:13:03 +0200

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your explanations! I will try out the script you posted
last year. From your description it sounds like good enough to solve my
routine problem, which is that compiling Qt runs out of memory on my
machine unless it's close to idle. No way to have Emacs + Firefox + Qt
compilation with 8 GB of RAM :-(

> There’s also the ‘guix weather’ command.  It is supposed to provide info
> about available substitutes.  I have not made much of use of it, though.

I tried it. It provides interesting statistics, but always considers all
packages in Guix rather than just the ones I care about.

Konrad.