*** TRYING TO INSTALL GUIXSD v0.15.0 FOR DAYS ***

From: Brian Woodcox
Subject: *** TRYING TO INSTALL GUIXSD v0.15.0 FOR DAYS ***
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 09:42:25 -0600

So I have been trying to install GuixSD 0.15.0 for a few days now.

My first problem was not setting —substitutes-urls=“https://berlin.guixsd.org.  So that fixed one problem.

My other problem is try as I might, I cannot get either guile-2.2.3 or guile-2.2.4 to install.

It always hangs when trying to do the tests after writing all the *.go files, (which by the way takes a long time).

So are there any work arounds to disable the tests for guile-2.2.x so I can get this operating system operational?

Otherwise I am afraid that it is impossible to do a fresh install of GuixSD from berlin.guixsd.org.

Guix version 0.15.0-1.4876bc8
herd version 0.4.0

P.S. I am installing this in VirtualBox on OSX with the download 0.15.0 iso file, which should not make a difference

Thanks for any help.