Re: guix gc, any way to delete only packages that aren't required to bui

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: guix gc, any way to delete only packages that aren't required to build anything?
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 21:50:57 -0500

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

> Unfortunately, the US government claims the authority to secretly demand
> physical access to servers, and to forbid those coerced from telling
> anyone what happened.  See:
>
>   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_security_letter

Well, having read the link I provided, it appears that NSLs cannot
legally be used to gain physical access to servers.

Regardless, I have little confidence in law enforcement agencies to
limit their activities to those permitted by law, nor do I expect many
employees of hosting sites to have the will and strength to resist law
enforcement agents making demands of them in the name of national
security.

       Mark