Re: Some general guix questions

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Some general guix questions
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 22:40:10 +0100

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> I think your solution is more elegant, Ricardo, because it's not robust to
> change (the AWK parsing could break).
>
> Question: why should we run it from a Guix checkout?

So that you can use “./pre-inst-env guile” which makes sure that you’re
using the Guix modules from the checkout.  When you’re using “guix pull”
you’d have to first set the load path to the correct location (otherwise
it would take the system load path, which might give you older Guix
modules).

--
Ricardo