Re: Guix on a foreign distro (Mint) - List of packages is outdated and n

From: melon
Subject: Re: Guix on a foreign distro (Mint) - List of packages is outdated and not updatable
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 13:26:45 -0600

Hi, Julien,

Thank you for the help! This solved the problem. Just in case anyone with the
same issue is
reading this mail archive in the future, I'll write my course of action
here:

'echo $PATH'
Gave me a very messy output. Apparently things like '.guix-profile/bin',
'.guix-profile/sbin' and '/usr/bin' were all shown multiple times. I
changed it to the following (by editing ~/.bashrc):

export
PATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/bin:$HOME/.guix-profile/sbin:$HOME/.config/guix/current/bin:$HOME/.bin/bin:/usr/bin:/bin"

After restarting BASH and running 'guix pull', all my packages are
once again up to date. Thank you again!