Fingerprint Service

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Fingerprint Service
Date: Thu, 09 May 2019 14:11:34 +0000

Hello Guix!

Based on this
(https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Miscellaneous-Services.html#Miscellaneous-Services

(https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Miscellaneous-Services.html#Miscellaneous-Services)),
 I have included "fprintd-service-type" (with default config, that is, values
left blank) to my system services in the system config. The "guix system
reconfigure" went without any errors. But it appears the service is not
actually added to the system.

When I checked "herd status" as root, the fprintd service was not running.
Also, when I did "herd start fprintd", I am getting "service not found". That
means the service itself is not available in the system right? Weird!?

My device is RYF-Certified TET-X200T (https://tehnoetic.com/tet-x200t
(https://tehnoetic.com/tet-x200t)).

Thank you!

Regards,