Re: docker-compose not work

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: docker-compose not work
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 19:46:02 +0200

Arkhan,

address@hidden wrote:
regards,

Hullo, and welcome to Guix!

install docker and docker-compose but at the time of executing it I have the following error

[…]

pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'jsonschema<3,>=2.5.1' distribution was not found and is required by docker-compose

apparently the dependencies of this package are wrong,

someone can tell me how I can solve it.

The root of this problem is that our docker-compose package is *very* old: it was added in January 2016(!), and has never been updated since. I guess that proves how unneccessary Docker is once you've discovered Guix… *ducks*

We have docker-compose 1.5.2. Upstream is currently at 1.24.0. Updating it probably won't be trivial (although I haven't checked in detail—it might be).

However, even 1.24.0 complains about jsonschema<3,>=2.5.1 not being found. Since Docker insists on using an old library, and I don't feel comfortable removing the version constraints (I don't use Docker), I've added it back on master and told docker-compose to use it.

Could you guix pull and try an updated docker-compose? If you're very lucky, this more than 3-year-old piece of software will just work. If not, please open a bug by sending your message to address@hidden.

Thanks!

T G-R