Guix packaging, dealing with pkg-config

From: Ekaitz at ElenQ Technology
Subject: Guix packaging, dealing with pkg-config
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 09:15:12 +0000

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to learn how to make my own packages with Guix and I encountered a
problem when trying to make a (pretty simple) package definition for sc-im.

This is the package definition I made:

https://gitlab.com/ekaitz-zarraga/guix-packages/blob/master/sc-im.scm

The problem I see is the project is doing a heavy use of the Makefile with
pkg-config and it's searching for lua5.1. I am unable to install Lua and find
it with pkg-config and I'm pretty sure the compilation that Guix does is not
finding it.

What should I do to solve this problem?
Ideas?

The only idea I can think of is to make a patch on the makefile and remove
pkg-config related stuff, but I'm pretty sure there's a more elegant solution.

Thank you,
Ekaitz

ElenQ Technology
Ethical Innovation