Re: Guix Pull SSL Cert Invalid Old PC

From: nightowl
Subject: Re: Guix Pull SSL Cert Invalid Old PC
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 21:36:34 -0500

Thanks,

That works! I am really glad to have my old PC back up again. Going to have more fun with Guix now and see what works well on an old machine.

All the best

On 2019-09-22 11:20 pm, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote:
Greetings, fellow night owl,

nightowl 写道:
Why would the old computer say the certificate is invalid while two of
my newer computers say it is ok?

That sounds like your old computer's system clock isn't set to the
correct time.  You can check it with ‘date’, and change it with ‘date

If your clock was off, and you do make changes, it may be necessary to
save them to the hardware clock (so they survive reboots) with
‘hwclock --systohc’.  I'm not sure whether that's done automatically
nowadays.

Kind regards,

T G-R