Re: Why 'iw dev' does not show wireless device?

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Why 'iw dev' does not show wireless device?
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2019 20:16:32 +0200

Znavko,

address@hidden 写道:
# lspci -vvnn > wifi
# nano wifi
Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter
Kernel driver in use: ath10k_pci
Kernel modules: ath10k_pci
Please, what to do? I cannot get the name of the network device.

All ath10k devices of which I'm aware require proprietary firmware blobs that Guix won't ship and Linux-Libre won't load. Even though the kernel driver is loaded, I suspect you'll find some firmware-related errors in dmesg.

I'm sorry,

T G-R