Re: NetworkManager does not autoconnect wifi after boot or wake

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: NetworkManager does not autoconnect wifi after boot or wake
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 06:56:28 +0200

On Tue, Oct 08, 2019 at 03:48:38PM -0700, David Wilson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know whether there's a configuration setting I can use somewhere
> that will cause NetworkManager to automatically (re)connect wifi upon boot or
> after waking from suspend? My current wifi connections all have autoconnect
> turned on, as does the wifi device itself. Is it perhaps a power management
> or network configuration setting that I'm looking for?
>
> Thanks!
>
> David

It works for me after suspend (I did not try reboot) after configuring
a new Wifi connection via nm-connection-editor.  Once I entered the
password in nm-connection-editor, it automatically (re)connects.

If it helps, I attach the output of

  nmcli connection show 299e800a-4737-4b78-b018-0012a35f942e

Perhaps /var/log/messages tells us something?  Perhaps one needs to
configure something for NM to print more debug info??

Regards,
Florian