Re: guix pull

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: guix pull
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 19:22:57 +0000

thanks

is there a possibility to run a guix pull for root and for the user together, in order not to do it twice, because it needs quite a long time, compared to other Linux distros, where updating takes only some minutes. (Debian based distros, Manjaro, Endeavour OS and so on).

If you do a guix pull, in my case I can´t do it at the end of my work, because I would have to wait for finishing more than 30 minutes.

Is it not better to run a guix pull also regularly for root, in order that root has also updated versions...

In my understanding (as a layman) it would leave root behind and leads may be to inconsistency's in the guix system.

regards

Gottfried